Workers comp denied what next?
My husband injured his knee crawling around on boxes, looking at inventory at work. This happened around Thanksgiving. He went to the doctor that Friday, they claimed it wasn’t injured that it was something else and prescribed meds. Well, a week later the knee continues to worsen and he goes to the doctor his work recommended, due to workers comp and they know he injured it at work. They did x rays and prescribed a steroid to help with inflammation. Well on the steroid, he was doing some better and continued to work, but still did not have full use of his knee. The meds ran out last Friday,and he spent the weekend in serious pain and he couldn’t use his leg at all, in fact the only time he would get up was to go to the bathroom. Returned to the dr on Monday and they said he needed an MRI to make sure that their diagnosis was correct, so we have waited all week and today we found out that workers comp has denied the claim. They claim, he could have injured his knee anywhere and since he didn’t fall off the boxes and bust his head, they won’t cover anything.
So now, he has been out work with no pay for a week and it will be even longer, because the knee is not healing. We go for an MRI next week, which we will have to cover with our insurance. We have no clue, what will happen next, but we cannot continue to pay bills and etc. without his income.
Most of our family and friends have told us to contact a lawyer before doing anything else. We can also request a hearing about the workers comp. So where do we go next? This has been very frustrating and something needs to be done before it’s too late.
Any serious advice is appreciated.
More Relevant Articles:
- calif scif denied work comp claim attorney will get doctor
- what to do if workers comp denies a surgery
- denied surgery from work comp insurance what next
- could we claim work comp for knee wearing ant tearing
- workers rights being denied
- what to do wen workmans comp is denied
- what to do when doctor won t help with comp case
- what to do when workers comp is denied
- what to do when workers compensation is denied in nc
- what will i do if doctor says i need surgery and workmans comp denies it
- when workmen comp deny surgery what happens next
- will work comp continue to pay for my dr bills after shoulder surgery