What benefit does a lawyer get for settling a workers comp case faster?
My lawyer keeps pushing me to take a settlement if it is offered saying that if I deny their counter offer then I may get nothing. This is from a back injury that clearly shows they are liable and I have records from many of my doctors saying that I can’t lift anymore and diagnosed me with a certain lower back injury. Does my lawyer negotiate with the insurance company for me to settle for less and fast so he gets paid thousands that I never see? So that he benefits more than I actually do. He also said if I don’t take the settlement and push the case to get medical coverage and weekly payments, that is more of a chance to lose the case and get nothing. Does this sound strange or is this how comp cases work? Please respond with actual experiences or real legal knowledge, thanks.
More Relevant Articles:
- what does it mean when worksman insurance is trying to settle a claim with money
- what if you dont take the settlement offer from workermans comp can you change your mind
- if settled out of court does lawyer get his percentage
- does a workers comp lawyer get paid if they only get benefit after injury
- Should u get a lawyer when settling a cop case
- unemployment lawyers that get paid only if they win a settlement
- what do the lawyer see when he wants to go to court in a work comp case
- what percent do attorneys get in california workers comp cases
- what percent do workmans comp lawyers get
- what percent does work comp lawyer get
- what percentage do lawyers get to settle a claim?
- what percentage does an attorney get in a workers comp settled