If you are injured off the job and take a leave of absence can your employer refuse to take you back?
My employer refuses to let me go back to work after a medical leave for knee surgery because I have a temporary weight restriction of >40lbs. This restriction wil last for two months. I am a electronics department manager at wal-mart and can perform all other duities except lift large tv’s. There are 3 other employees with weight restrictions in the department allready. I live in Maine so if you know any laws relating to this please let me know.
More Relevant Articles:
- can an employer term an associate who was hurt on another job
- can my employer refuse to let me work with restrictions
- florida workers compensation back to work with temp limitations can employer block employee from work
- injured off the job work employee rights in florida
- workmans comp leave of absense florida